Our client; a Board of Directors and Senior Management Team/Executive Committee were spending a lot of time in meetings with minimal decisions being reached. Conversations were taking place outside the boardroom providing a disjointed and ineffective process for decision-making. The decisions that were being made were being ‘undone’/retaken outside the meeting. The goal was to speed up decision-making and implement a more effective process, thereby allowing for better decisions to be made and for Directors to be fully committed to the ones that were.
Our work involved;
From working with us our client was able to;
· Streamline Board and Committee meeting processes;
· Reduce the board pack size by 75%;
· Elevate Board discussions to focus on strategy rather than operations;
· Cut the Board report drafting time for report writers;
· Enable more effective Board level discussions to take place;
· Reallocate decision-making powers and made the right people accountable;
· Introduce middle management autonomy over certain areas of the business;
· Document and communicate the agreed structures and allocations; and created more robust, quicker decision-making throughout the organisation.
“Beyond Governance has brought a fresh way of thinking and lots of new design ideas to our annual report process.”
We deliver pragmatic solutions that are unique to your organisation.
We act as an extension of your team rather than an external adviser.
Being independent allowed us to work for the good of our client and make changes whilst supporting their culture. We created processes that were fit for purpose, stripping back any unnecessary bureaucracy. We enhanced board reporting and streamlined Board packs which subsequently reduced the amount of read time required and freed up time for the Board of Directors themselves, reduced the time spent reviewing papers by Company Secretaries and increased the ease of drafting minutes.
What our clients say about us
Have a question about our services or just want to get started?
Contact us by phone +44 (0)20 3745 1916 or via the form below:
Sign Up to our Newsletter
Please login to access our full library of resources,
templates and matrices