Most Corporate Failures
or scandals have been because there was a governance failure in a subsidiary and therefore subsidiary governance should be seen as part of risk management by mitigating any risks associated with a subsidiary.
For groups that have overseas subsidiaries this is especially relevant to mitigate risks.
Many governance professionals we have spoken to struggle with where to start with a governance framework therefore we can help in them having a framework which meets their needs as one size does not fit all.
Our services We provide a range of services for UK entities and overseas organisations around the world, providing suitable subsidiary governance solutions for groups of any size.
- Group structures – we can establish what your group structure is and what it looks like by delving into your company records and creating a visual representation. This can also highlight if there are companies or branches that you are not aware of. We can also advise on subsidiary rationalisation with regards to making efficiciencies
- Health check – 3-way health check of UK and overseas subsidiaries which involves looking at a company’s statutory records, the in-country company trade register and the electronic records (database or excel) and highlighting gaps or discrepancies and then assist in fixing any issues.
- Annual compliance calendar – to ensure that all subsidiaries remained in good standing we can prepare a calendar of all corporate governance filing requirements such as annual return filing deadlines and account filing deadlines.
- Subsidiary governance framework – we can prepare a framework that would include categorising each of your subsidiaries to establish how often the board of directors meet, who should be the directors, what the board’s roles and responsibilities are and the board’s governance requirements.
- Entity management systems – we can check and update company details and ensure that the records match with the local in country registry and this can also be performed as part of the health check or as a separate project. We have carried out an audit of a company’s electronic database for a client with Companies House, highlighted issues and made filing amendments and database amendments so both the records match exactly.
- Delegated Authorities – for an effective governance framework, there should be a delegated authorities policy or schedule in place to ensure that everyone knows what they are able to approve and what needs escalating upwards. This would start with the matters reserved for the board and we would then assist in drafting the delegated authorities downwards, which would involve looking at policies and procedures that have been implemented. To accompany this there should be an authorised signatory schedule of who is authorised to sign on behalf of a company.
- Third party rationalisation – we can help with rationalising the number of service providers you use and advise on the best way to manage third parties proving company secretariat support or advise on the best solution to manage the compliance obligation of your overseas entities.
Governance Director Beyond Governance Andrew has over 35+ years experience in Corporate Governance having held roles in various listed companies.Prior to joining Beyond Governance...
Governance Advisor Beyond Governance Lisa has over 11+ years company secretarial experience at FTSE listed companies.Lisa was Senior Company Secretarial Assistant at Close Brothers...
When we approached Beyond Governance, we’d already used another supplier who had put a very inexperienced person our our account to support us on our subsidiary governance work. This was not the case with Beyond Governance, their team had more years’ experience than our own. They were proactive in identifying cost savings and we quickly felt they were part of our own team. We could not recommend them enough; they’re true super stars.
Listed company CFO of 20 years
Our wonderful team
Amazing people making amazing things
Erika Eliasson-Norris FCG
As the CEO and Founder of Beyond Governance, Erika envisions a future where governance is not just about oversight and regulation but about fostering a culture of responsibility, accountability, adaptability, and long-term vision. Under her leadership, Beyond Governance is redefining the paradigms of corporate governance…
Andrew Harvey-Wrate FCG
Andrew is a flexible and up-front Governance Professional with over 35 years’ experience in Aerospace and Defence, Financial Services and Commercial Real Estate in various FTSE listed companies as well as in Charity. Andrew worked at Persimmon plc where he Deputy Company Secretary and acted as board secretary…
John Davies - ACG
John is a forward thinking and relationship focussed Governance Professional with over 25 years’ experience in a range of sectors including Travel & Leisure, Food Producers, Media, Property, Healthcare, and Financial Services in various FTSE listed and unlisted companies. Immediately before joining Beyond Governance…
Juliet Dearlove - LLB
Juliet is an adaptable and analytical Solicitor with over 25 years’ experience in the field of Governance in Automotive, Financial Services, Investment Trusts and Veterinary Services in various FTSE listed, AIM listed and unlisted companies. Juliet worked at JP Morgan for ten years and was responsible for The Mercantile Investment Trust …
Victoria Garvin - FCG
Victoria is a dynamic and versatile Governance Professional with over 20 years’ experience, primarily within the highly regulated financial services sector. Victoria worked at Aviva plc where she led the global group-wide governance function and oversaw the development and implementation of governance practices across the group.
Lisa Keeling - ACG
Lisa is an industrious and thoughtful Governance Professional with over 12 years’ experience in FMCG, Architecture and Financial Services in various FTSE listed and unlisted companies. Lisa worked at Close Brothers Group plc where she was responsible for supporting subsidiary governance and administering the transition…
Jonathan Saunders - ACG
Jonathan is a proactive and conscientious Governance Professional with over 7 years’ experience in Company Secretarial practice, including in Investment Trusts, Renewable Energy, Real Estate, Insurance and PFI/PPP project companies in various FTSE listed and unlisted companies.